On a cold night the Phillips 66 Community Stadium pitch was looking well prepared despite the heavy rain that had fallen during the week, for the first ever visit to Harbury Lane of Leicester Road FC.

Young Brakes were looking to get back into some kind of form following 2 heavy defeats on the road this year. Striker Jack Winiarski passed a late fitness test following an injury sustained in training. Leicester Road began the game in their Barcelona style kit kicking towards the North Bank end and began moving the ball with slick efficiency, passing and moving the ball, keeping possession and putting the Brakes defence under constant pressure. Leamington were only able to find relief by playing a counter attacking long ball game for Winiarski to run onto. Leicester Road were taking the game to Leamington and were playing a possession game in the Brakes half. Brakes' Fitzmaurice fired a free kick wide from 25 yards and the ever running Winiarski pulled a shot across the face of goal.

At the other end Roads Harry Kilburn went into a 50/50 challenge with Brakes keeper Hopkinson following a super ball from midfield but the keeper did enough to shut down the threat. Leicester Road were stretching the Brakes defence knocking the ball wide left for the impressive winger Jack Humphries who was pumping some lovely crosses into the box and Kilburn went close with a header.

In the 31 st minute Roads' number 9 Mason forced an excellent save from the Brakes keeper but from the resultant corner fullback Jenson Underwood stole under the radar unmarked to nod home from close range. The goal galvanised Leamington into action and a fine 5 x one touch passing movement resulted in a good cross into the Roads' box to draw a fine save from the keeper.

The half finished with Brakes upping their game and pressing forward but the Leicester defence held firm. HT: Brakes 0 Leicester Road 1.

Chances were few at the start of the second half as both sides fought out a midfield battle for supremacy but the final ball was sadly lacking for both sets of forwards. On 58 minutes Brakes' Jay Morgan was dispossessed by a strong tackle by Roads' sub De Gusso who played a pinpoint pass into the box for Kabwe Mason to have Hopkinson at full stretch to fingertip the shot away, moments later the keeper made another fine save from yet another effort from winger Humphries. But pressure usually tells and Road' went further ahead following another fine cross from Humphries into the box for Mason to side foot a confident first time shot into the corner of the net.

Brakes made an immediate substitution to bring on new boy Hamid-Al-Amin and he almost had a dream start within 30 seconds of linking up in a 2 man front partnership by playing a clever chip in behind the defence to Winiarski who chipped the keeper only to see the ball skim past the post. Minutes latter Amin, who had stretched the defence with a run out to the left, was fed the ball and fired in a beautiful cross for Winarski to drive home from 6 yards. Game on!

Brakes' confidence was lifted again as George Robbins dribbled his way past 4 defenders and was blocked by a saving tackle preventing his final ball to a well placed Winiarski.

Road' responded with a shot from their man of the match Humphries who was unlucky to see his effort rattle the crossbar. With the 90 minutes up there was still time for Roads' Kilburn to sting Hopkinson's hands with a stern effort and at the other end the never ending running of Jack Winiarski was almost rewarded with a late equaliser, unluckily running the ball out of play with just the keeper to beat.

Full Time Leamington Youth 1- Leicester Road 2.